Sea cliffs are one of the most serious environments climbers will find themselves in. The need to abseil into a route and climb out, without the option of ‘lowering back to the ground’ if climbing the route isn’t possible. This course is for competent trad climbers who already have experience climbing multi-pitch routes. The course will cover the following:
- Specific hazards and how to avoid them in a sea cliff environment.
- Finding the route and correct place to abseil.
- Safely abseiling into to the base of a sea cliff route.
- What to do if you abseil into the wrong place.
- What to do if you or your second falls off a traverse and can’t climb back onto the route.
Courses are available throughout the summer, both weekend and weekdays. If you would like a specific date please contact me.