This course is for those venturing from hillwalking into scrambling for the first time, or have been scrambling Grade 1/2 for awhile and would like to increase their knowledge of how to look after themselves. This course looks at all aspect of safe scrambling on the lower grades culminating in basic ropework for ascent and descent. This course includes:
- Choosing a suitable scramble for weather and conditions.
- Route finding and avoiding problems.
- When and where spotting can be used.
- What sort of rope is suitable for occasional use.
- How to use a rope in emergencies.
- How to descend using a rope.
- How to protect a second with a rope.
Courses are available throughout the summer, both weekend and weekdays. If you would like a specific dates please contact me in advance to check availability.
If you are looking for more advanced ropework and planned use of the rope to tackle higher graded scrambles see the Roped Scrambling Course.