This course introduces using a rope and harness for scrambles. These scrambles are typically grade 2-3. The course will cover the following:
- Selecting a route.
- What sort of rope and putting together a scrambling rack.
- Route finding.
- When to get the rope out.
- Safe belaying.
- Use of natural anchors, passive and active gear.
- Building belays.
- Different methods of using a rope.
- Shortening the rope by taking coils.
Courses are available throughout the summer, both on weekends and weekdays. If you would like a specific date please contact me in advance to check availability.