This mountain expedition preparation course will involve a two day ‘mini’ expedition through the North Wales hills with one night wild camping. The emphasis of the expedition preparation course is on gaining the broad range of knowledge and skills involved with going on a mountain expedition, it is NOT a fitness boot-camp! On the second day we will simulate an expedition summit day. This will involve getting up in the dark and walking to a summit for sunrise. It is a great opportunity to learn through experience and fine tune everything for that all important day.
// 2-day mountain expedition preparation course involves:
– Advice on specific kit requirements and tips and tricks, including gadgets and gizmos!
– Demonstration on packing a rucksack for trips with porter support as well as self-sufficient expeditions.
– Information on looking after yourself at altitude.
– How to camp for prolonged periods of time comfortably.
– Tips and individual advice on fitness and training for expeditions.
– Food for the mountains and tips on keeping hydrated, including water purification options.
– Other advice on looking after yourself in the mountains from treating blisters and staying warm to health and hygiene.
– Specific country advice. I’ve travelled to over 70 countries, I challenge you to come up with one I’ve not been to!
AND loads of time for Q&As as we walk.