5th Nov 2018 – Wellington College
9th Nov 2018 – SHEFFIELD*
- Sheffield EXPEDITION LEADERSHIP Workshop in association with JAGGED GLOBE
A 1 day workshop (10am – 4pm) designed for overseas expedition leaders but also relevant for Duke of Edinburgh Supervisors and those leading long-distance treks in the UK and Europe. The workshop gives individuals specific tools for managing and leading expedition teams through interactive sessions and scenario based examples. Suitable for perspective and new leaders as well as for established leaders who want to develop their skills and share their experiences. This workshop is for those who lead both youth and adult expeditions.
**THE SHEFFIELD WORKSHOP WILL INCLUDE THE JAGGED GLOBE TALKING ABOUT WHAT THEY LOOK FOR WHEN RECRUITING LEADERS**
// Expedition Leadership
– Front loading and setting up an expedition ethos.
– Understanding leadership styles and when to use them in a expedition context.
– Effective communication.
– Building team cohesion and rapport with a team.
// Working as an expedition leader
– Tips for applying for work as an expedition leader and career development.
Rebecca Coles is an IML and MIC and has been leading expeditions for 15 years. Work has taken her to all 7 continents and, together with personal travel, to over 70 countries. She regularly leads for Jagged Globe. She has led expedition on peaks such as Aconcagua and remote treks such as in the remote Wakhan Corridor, Afghanistan. She is a Lowe Alpine and Cicerone Press ambassador, Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society and has a PhD in Physical Geography.